- "...the bulk of new biofuel production needs to come from advanced biofuels (algae, cellulosic)."
The International Energy Association
- "The Saudi assistant petroleum minister had expressed concern that Saudis could be "greened out" of the U.S. fuel market by biofuels like ethanol."
U.S. Ambassador to Saudi Arabia, 2010.
- "...this legislation would also ensure progress made to commercialize advanced ethanol technologies utilizing new feedstocks... is accelerated."
The American Coalition for Ethanol, Growth Energy, the National Corn Growers Association, and the Renewable Fuels Association
- "...what would happen to US gasoline prices if ethanol production came to an immediate halt. Under a very wide range of parameters, the estimated gasoline price increase would be of historic proportions, ranging from 41% to 92%."
Center for Agricultural and Rural Development Iowa State University
- "Another substitute for oil that holds tremendous promise is renewable biofuels...made from things like switchgrass, wood chips, and biomass."
- "I'm a big supporter of biofuels. But one of the things that's become clear is, is that we need to accelerate our basic research in ethanol and other biofuels that are made from things like woodchips..."
MaRS Cleantech Fund is a highly regarded institutional investor focused on cleantech companies with strong intellectual property, global market opportunities, and exceptional management teams.
Investeco Capital Corp. is a leading environmental private equity fund. Investeco first invested in Woodland in 2008 and has participated in every financing Woodland has done since that time.
Sustainable Development Technology Canada is an arm of the Canadian federal government. SDTC participated in the demonstration plant financing by providing a $4 million grant award.
The Innovation Demonstration Fund is an arm of the Ontario Provincial Government. The IDF provided Woodland with the largest award that it is permitted, a $4 million forgivable loan towards the construction of the demonstration plant.
The Ontario Emerging Technologies Fund is a $250 million fund established by the Province of Ontario to co-invest alongside qualified investors in innovative, high-growth, private Ontario companies. The OETF is a Woodland equity investor.
The Sustainable Chemistry Allaince is an alliance of leading chemical companies and experts with the common goal of supporting the development of sustainable chemistry technologies. The SCA is a Woodland equity investor.